Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Took a bit of a blogging break this weekend.

With the holiday weekend, hubby was off for 4 days. He works 10 hours a day with 2 hours worth of commute every day. During the week he comes home totally exhausted and we barely get an hour worth of us time due to kids and dinner and stuff. He rarely gets time to spend with the kids, either, because they start going to bed right after dinner and he has no energy to speak of. Well, this weekend, with only one exception, was wonderful! Waking up next to him is awesome, this morning sucked soooooooo bad.  >.<

We spent time in the garden, played games with the kids, had an adult visit with family for a birthday, worked in the yard, got a barbeque lunch, and had an actual family weekend. There is only one thing that could have made it better...being able to go see fireworks! The closest display was up at Pickwick Park almost 2 hours away. My van isn't in the best shape (I really need new tires) and I have a huge crack in my windshield that has kept me from being able to get an inspection sticker which is required by law in Mississippi. Since we can't all fit in the hubby's Tortuga (he has a 94 pickup with 4 cylinder engine...it is so sloooow and small) we don't go anywhere. A bunch of people in the neighborhood had fireworks, though, so we could still have a little bit of a show.  :o)

I did, however, forget to get picture evidence of said great weekend...but its all good. I have it in my head.

I hope all of you had awesome holiday weekend (if your in the States...if not, then I hope you just had an awesome weekend!)

I will be posting again soon, I am working on getting caught up on the sleep that I missed last week. Unfortunately, that means the witty comments and entertaining anecdotes are in hiding for a bit (my brain turns into pudding with little sleep).

Take care!
<3

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, I'm glad you had a great weekend!!