Wednesday, September 9, 2009

No more Sickie Me!




That means I no longer have an excuse for not posting my one-a-day pics or anything else.

Update: After subbing at a middle school for 2 days I ended up so sick I couldn't move for 3 days. Not the violently ill, I-think-ima-hurl-if-I-stand-up sick, but this creeping, pervasive, fatigue-ridden exhaustion that accompanied a rather nasty, upper resperatory thing.
I must interject here about something one of the sweet, little GT(Gifted/Talented) 6th graders told me around lunch..."Did you know that Colorado Springs' first case of swine flu was in my mom's classroom?" *Blink* *Stare* *Smile*...(me) "Did your mom get sick?" (cute kid) "Nope!"
*Cough* Can you carry the virus without getting sick???
ANYHOW! I spent 2 full days in bed with the kids either off with my mom, or playing nurse for me. After 2 days of almost continuous sleeping and coughing, I couldn't sleep anymore and made myself get up and moving, thank goodness it was a holiday...cuz it didn't last long. I was supposed to finish a 3rd day at the aforementioned middle school on Tuesday, but only made it through the first 3 classes before I was so worn out that I couldn't talk and barely walk.
Today was much better, even though I was still coughing as I fell asleep last night. I was up by 6 am, the earliest I have HAD to be up on a while. No kids to rush to get up and dressed since I had to be at the high school shortly after the boys wake up...you know, I kind of enjoyed the stillness of the morning. I rarely go outside before 7, I have never been a morning person, but the early morning sun over Colorado rangeland is pretty nifty. Maybe I should be up early more often to see things in a different light. Everything around here looks so much richer in the early morning and late evening.

So, to wrap this up, I am going to post 3 pics to get caught up, the only kink is that they're all from today...can't I cheat a little since I was an invalid?




7/365: Early morning, Colorado sun over the range. The housing ends there on our street.

8/365: Same postion, 180 degrees, our new house.

9/365: Me, early morning sun on my face...

One thing I really like about myself? My eyes. Oh, and my natural bindi!

No comments: