Saturday, June 12, 2010

A little bit of green...

But more than I have ever been able to grow, EVAR!!

For those of you that don't know, I am attempting a small vegetable garden patch this year. The soil in Mississippi is well-known to be great for tomatoes and such. I am a tomato lover, if I could eat tomatoes every meal, every day...I would. Soon, my dream will come true! I hope...


In this little patch of green heaven I have 8 varieties of tomatoes, Roma, Lemon Boy, Mr. Stripey, Better Boy, Sweet 100, German Johnson, Black Krim...and one more, I can't remember!! It'll be a Surprise Tomato! :o)
I also have a small yellow watermelon (far left, out of pic), Ichiban eggplant, Red Onions, Vidalia Onions, Cherokee Yellow Wax Beans, pole beans, sweet peas, cucumbers and maybe some beets and Black Seeded Simpson lettuce will choose to grow where I sowed them...I am afraid to weed the row where they are...not sure which is grass and which is veg!

I will definitly need to learn to can if all of this grows! :o)

No comments: