Friday, June 25, 2010

Super Zombie Mommy...RAWR!

For some reason, last night my body refused to cooperate with my steady sleep schedule.

I went to bed with SG around 10pm, as usual. Instead of drifting off to sleep i lay there, awake...twitching like a frog on hot asphalt. I kept waking hubs up and felt bad because he works and stuff. He goes to bed so early because he has to be out of the house by 5am in order to commute 45 minutes and be at work on time by 6. So instead of causing my love intermittant sleep, I got up, threw on my snowflake robe and trudged into the living room. I trudged because I REALLY did want to go to sleep.

For the next 3.5 hrs, I read blogs...well, mostly I guffawed about Allie's stories and drawings at Hyperbole and a Half.

When it got past the 2:30 am mark, I figured I ought to try and sleep again.

 No Dice...sigh.

I think I finally fell asleep after the hubs left, somewhere around 6:45.

Long story short:

Rosie+less than 6 hrs sleep=Super Zombie Mommy.

RAWR!



I got up around 8:30 to tell the kids to eat something light to hold them over because I felt like super zombie mommy and needed to get a little more sleep. I told them I would make brunch when I got  up and moving.
My 10 year old, The Bubba, looks at me and says "what's brunch? are you gonna eat our brains?"
/facepalm

I laid back down, but the cursed perky eastern light streams into the window directly over our bed. *cry*


Brains or Pancakes?




2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've had nights like that and the days are always rough the next morning. I can't imagine it with kids. Hope you get some rest!

Ami said...

I've had a lot of crappy nights over the last couple years... now that I'm on drugs, I'm sleeping.

:)

Followed you from Cheapskate mom.. trying to actually FOLLOW you but blogger/friend connect won't let me for some reason tonight?

No matter. I'll be back and figure it out.